I still have about 2 months to prepare for CCDP and everything is going as per plan. I’m about 2/3 into the CCIE R&S course ( partly to revise for CCDP, partly to prepare for CCIE R&S written), I’ve started reading the CCDP official guide. I may revisit the cbtnuggets CCDP course, too, because Jeremy has added some new units after the CCDP exam changed. If I still have time, I may read some CVDs (Cisco Validated Designs), but I don’t want to actually overprepare because 60-90 minutes a day is the absolute maximum I can do these days without getting fed up with my learning/life ratio.
Now the end of 2016 is drawing near so here’s a short summary:
- I’ve passed 5 exams (CCDA, JNCIS-ENT, SIMOS, SISAS, SITCS)
- I’ve changed my job and it turned out to be a good move
- I’ve found a partner for my business and in the last 4 months we’ve managed to push forward quite a bit (website, racks, leaflet design etc.), we’re in a discussion with a major IT player to be a technology partner for our courses
- I’ve had some interesting experiences like the 4 week stay in Oslo to help their local network provider
All in all, a really good year!
And here’s a tentative schedule for 2017:
- CCDP exam in late February (edit Feb 19: PASSED!!!)
- first ad campaign starting in mid March
- first network courses in mid April
- e-learning platform launch in May/June
- remote rack rental service launch in July
- 2nd run of network courses in September
- CCIE R&S written in October/November
- first CCIE lab attempt in December/January 2018
I’m really excited about this plan because i’ve never had so much stuff happening both in my personal and work life. I guess that I’ll be over the moon if I can do 75%. Anything above will be a tremendous achievement.